Looking back over the years, our kids have had a variety of interests when it comes time for their birthday parties. Here I have compiled a few of our top choices with a few free ideas and printables to aid in designing your own child’s party. The next ones will be “epic” as well!
Recruit young teammates and friends for a game of flag-football for the birthday boy! Serve up classic tailgating food, his favorite player’s jersey as the cake and paint stripes on your lawn for the field!
I made the invitation to stick in lanyards for him to hand out for the invitations. They were a hit!
similar to this: find landyards HERE!
Food label printables HERE!
There are several how-to videos on how to make a jersey cake. FOLLOW THIS LINK We just used butter cream frosting smoothed out as well as we could get it.
MORE FOOTBALL PARTY IDEAS HERE:
I found a cool template to make his invites for a MINECRAFT birthday. I uploaded it to Photoshop so that I could add in the party information.
Click on image to download:
I found it best to print on card stock to make folding it easier.
I made TNT poppers by purchasing party poppers, printing THIS PRINTABLE, then taping them onto the poppers.
For party gifts we made MINECRAFT tools with perler beads and made them into necklaces. I also used them as cupcake toppers.
find PERLER BEADS HERE!
We held an egg hunt where everyone had to team up and search for the ingredients to make a birthday cake. I got the idea from Make Do or Do Without.
MORE MINECRAFT PARTY IDEAS
I printed off the banner by Busy Moms Helper.
And added in a black tablecloth, shiny gold or silver stars.
The cake was simple to make!
- Bake regular round cakes, stack them, and once cooled frost with white frosting
- Grab a bag of mini marshmallows and while frosting is still soft, gently press around top and bottom edges
- Take Oreo cookie wafers (found in cookie isle in snacks), spread a little white frosting on one side, place a mini marshmallow and sandwich it with another Oreo cookie wafer to make the Fighter planes to stick on the sides
- Print off a Storm Trooper helmet template and carefully use it to trace the top design on cake with black frosting (easier if you buy one already in tube with a pastry tip)
- place candles or PRINTABLES on top
As party favors, we made pool noodle light-sabers! And used them in our homemade obstacle course.
MORE STAR WARS PARTY IDEAS BY:
Glow in the Dark Fun:
This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please read my FULL DISCLOSURE.